Ah, finally. I'm feeling something about this whole pay slash/possible lay off. The tears came while I was eating my omelette lunch at my desk. What will I do? How is it that I'm moving backward, not forward? Two weeks into my marriage and I'm already a financial burden! You know, the normal response.
Yesterday evening, I informed ATM, mum & KMHD that if I did lose my job, I'd probably go to Liberty Plaza/NYC for a few days to Occupy Wall Street. There's no need for me to attempt to be reasonable and try to sort things straightaway. I need to take my heartbreak, anger, and passion elsewhere and be with like-minded people. I can't think of a better place.
In the event that I do not lose my job, well, it won't be business as usual for sure. I can't live with the constant threat of having my salary, benefits, or the job itself stripped away. Looks like I have a lot of figurin' to do. I'll at least start by supporting those protesters. Occupy Wall Street gets minimal news coverage (I mean, c'mon, the Tea Party gets 100% coverage) and zero support from noncommittal progressives who constantly make excuses for their lack of supporting fucking anything. It's so annoying!
3 comments:
YOU ARE SO AWESOME.
If the worst should happen and you do come to nyc, I'm not going to let you sleep out there under a tarp. We may not have Thom Yorke, but we have a futon and animals.
i am one of the fortunate ones. no pay cut, no furlough, no job loss...for now. still, i feel compelled to do something. thank you so much, jmb, for the offer. it made me feel good. my radical mum also offered support!
Post a Comment